The purpose of the Society is to increase understanding through research and education of the role of fatty acids and lipids in health and disease.
The Society attempts to achieve its goals by:
· Organising research conferences every two years. These meetings attract 400-600 members and non-members for a 4/5 day review of recent research in the field of dietary lipids and health. The next meeting in this series is ISSFAL 2016 in Cape Town, South Africa.
· Publishing in the journal Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids (PLEFA), Society news and original reviews, research contributions, updates on key areas of interest by an authoritative panel of sub-editors; book reviews, meeting reports, and news of and from members.
· Establishment and maintenance of this website as an information resource for members and non-members.
· Acting as a network hub for individuals working in the area of dietary fats and health.
· Providing authoritative statements on aspects of dietary lipids and health.